Largo Resources Ltd. Mr. Tim Mann, VP Engineering, announce the appointment of Rodrigo Costa as Project Manager for Maracas and the formation of its Owner’s Team that will be responsible for the future construction and operation of the Maracas Vanadium Project, in Bahia State, Brazil.
Rodrigo brings extensive Brazilian experience to Largo. Most recently he was the Metallurgy Manager with a major mining company with operations in Brazil. His previous experience includes commissioning and constructing mines as well as acting as General Manager with one of Brazil’s largest private mining companies.
The Owner’s team will be led by Tim Mann and Kurt Menchen who have guided the project through the Definitive Feasibility Study phase into the implementation phase with basic engineering already in progress for long-lead items. This will provide important continuity during the next phase. A brief outline of the key members of the Owner’s Team is provided below:
- Vice President of Engineering – Tim Mann – with extensive international development and management experience in mine engineering, mine development and mine operations.
- General Manager of Brazilian Operations – Kurt Menchen – former Jacobina Mine Manager, Brazil. An accomplished mining engineer with over 30 years of experience including Anglo Gold and Desert Sun Mining.
- Project Manager (General Manager of Maracas) – Rodrigo Costa – mining engineer with credentials from Bahia State University as well as an M.Sc. from Queens’s University in Kingston, Ontario. Rodrigo recently held the position of metallurgical manager for a major gold producing mining company. He gained construction experience at the Jacobina Mine with previous operators, Desert Sun Mining and subsequently Yamana. Prior experience includes assignments at Votorantim involving a magnesia sinter plant.
- Mining Engineer – Mauricio Coletti – mining engineer formerly with Desert Sun Mining.
- Electrical Engineer – Mauro Raimudo da Silva – a seasoned manager with 25 years experience in the mining industry. He has previously worked for Anglo Gold, Caraiba, Vale, Desert Sun Mining and Yamana in Brazil.
- Administration Manager – Dulcinea Maria Miranda Oliveira – Manager and Lawyer with 20 years of experience with Valencia Ventures, Desert Sun Mining and subsequently with Yamana.
- Controller – Tarcizio Mendes Dias – a Chartered Accountant with 30 years of experience with Anglo Gold and subsequently with Yamaha.
Other professionals to be hired in the near future will include a Purchasing Superintendent, Safety and Environmental Engineer and other technical staff.
Mark Brennan stated “Largo has been able to recruit seasoned, professional expertise of a very high calibre for the implementation phase and operation of the Maracas Vanadium Project. In the near future, Largo will be providing details of the engineering, procurement and construction management team for the project that will include specific vanadium experts from the Republic of South Africa. This team is designed to provide the support and specialized expertise required to ensure successful implementation after project financing is in place”.
Largo Resources is a Canadian natural resource development and exploration company with two advanced stage projects: the Maracas Vanadium-PGM deposit in Brazil and the Northern Dancer Tungsten-Molybdenum deposit in the Yukon. Largo also has a large (60,000 hectare) land position and prospective gold exploration properties in Ecuador. The company is listed on the TSX Venture Exchange under the symbol LGO.
For more information please refer to Largo’s website: www.largoresources.com.